Gorilla Organization



Lgwoi.jpg

The Gorilla Organization, the international charity led by experienced African conservationists dedicated to saving the world’s last remaining gorillas from extinction. Our award-winning community-based approach to conservation promotes sustainable livelihoods, nurtures young conservationists of the future and empowers local people to tackle the main threats to the gorillas’ survival.

UK Reg Charity 1117131

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Day 12 - Sickness sucks

So, all quiet for the last few days - what happened?

Well Sunday, was rather full. Went to the hospital again to see my friend (who is doing a whole lot better) so I missed out on the 'Calamity Jane' auditions - but I gather my friends had a great time and congratulations to all those got parts and commiserations to those that didn't.    

After that I went up to the 'Gorilla's Secret Dance Party' with Dave (he's going to keep me in-check with training so I don't do any to stupid - or at least be there to video me being stupid as the case may be).

While I was up there I caught up with Sam and grabbed a spare gorilla suit (from now it will be referred to as Geraldine). Finally while at the Dance Party I have to recommend one of the acts 'MC Xander' who created live audio loops including a live-mix of 'You can call me Al' - really amazing.

In the mean time my body was conspiring against me, I felt a little off in the afternoon but thought I would ride it out.

Yeah, Right! Monday morning - yukk, attack of lurgy and that takes me up to now. Hopefully get things together for the weekend as i'm running in the 'Blacks Single-Track 10K'.

No comments:

Post a Comment