Gorilla Organization



Lgwoi.jpg

The Gorilla Organization, the international charity led by experienced African conservationists dedicated to saving the world’s last remaining gorillas from extinction. Our award-winning community-based approach to conservation promotes sustainable livelihoods, nurtures young conservationists of the future and empowers local people to tackle the main threats to the gorillas’ survival.

UK Reg Charity 1117131

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Day 110 - My Plank don't work

Good, two days on from my 'coffee-run' and the world is still turning and I don't walk like a LEGO man, so really pleased.

I gather the proper term for yesterday was a 'rest day', I thought it was an excuse to not do much in the evening - but now my between fitness laziness has a proper term I feel much better (I must have been resting a whole lot over Christmas then!!!).

Tonight I went back to the gym (well I might as well check it's still there) to do one of Pete's Circuit Classes; he has the last session of the day so can extend it to nearly 1.5 hours where the last 20 minutes are warm down. I find that they are a great way to stretch everything that you thought you could stretch and a few bits more. I just can't keep a 2 minute plank - while everyone else could :(

Halfway through I had a surprise visit from my wife (Mrs. Gorilla) as she popped by after she had beaten up the various machines downstairs, I suggested she joined in, she suggested I did something else - so she did some stretches and went off home (after a shower I hope).

After the Circuit Class, I decided to warm down on the treadmill - with the challenge of trying to train myself to run a consistent 12Kph - which over shorter distances (ParkRuns etc.) I have no problem doing but I need to build up for distance, so only ran 2Km  and called it a night.

So, that's it for today - time to log off and get some kip.

No comments:

Post a Comment