Gorilla Organization



Lgwoi.jpg

The Gorilla Organization, the international charity led by experienced African conservationists dedicated to saving the world’s last remaining gorillas from extinction. Our award-winning community-based approach to conservation promotes sustainable livelihoods, nurtures young conservationists of the future and empowers local people to tackle the main threats to the gorillas’ survival.

UK Reg Charity 1117131

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Day 111 - Is my phone on?

Lunch run #2 today (I now have a locker key at work - strangely exciting) so once I got all my gear together (trackies, ipod, phone etc.) off I went. The phone is important as its got the MyTracks application which has proven really useful.

Half way round the park my phone reminded me that its a phone not a GPS tracker ... BRINNNGGGG ... off it went .. so I had to pause the run. Once I restarted the run I had warmed down a bit so a tad creaky for the second half.

But, the great news was that even with the break my average running speed was closer to 12 Kph as I wanted. It does seem odd running during lunch as you can bump into colleagues while outside, and then catch up with them afterwards at the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment