Gorilla Organization



Lgwoi.jpg

The Gorilla Organization, the international charity led by experienced African conservationists dedicated to saving the world’s last remaining gorillas from extinction. Our award-winning community-based approach to conservation promotes sustainable livelihoods, nurtures young conservationists of the future and empowers local people to tackle the main threats to the gorillas’ survival.

UK Reg Charity 1117131

Saturday 22 January 2011

Day 114 - The Iceman sort of wenteth

Today was the third in the 'ASICS Off Road Series' aka 12 Km of Trail running in more Army woods in Surrey.

Another Gorilla sighting ... how surprising ...

This means more runners with doggies (there should be more of this) and another race T-Shirt (it's filling up the wardrobe). No rivers this time, just hills and some mud (not up to the waist luckily). Both Helen and Nick were there to support me for the race (and take a few piccies) - thanks guys your support was really great.

The race was two laps of the woods so it was a good chance to see how the pace changes over the laps. First one was 35 mins and the second lap 40mins - this made my average running time around 10kph. This still fits with the runs over the last week but I really want to get the time back up to about 11-12kph like it was before the Christmas flu, i'm sure it'll improve I just need to be patient.

A while ago I bought the Salomon Trail shoes after having a gait analysis - today proved that they are supporting my feet better than my normal running trainers, so I get the feeling a new pair of road trainers will be bought soon with pronation support. Actually, the weird thing was that as I ran any oddness in my ankles from running this week disappeared even though I was still running.

No comments:

Post a Comment