Gorilla Organization



Lgwoi.jpg

The Gorilla Organization, the international charity led by experienced African conservationists dedicated to saving the world’s last remaining gorillas from extinction. Our award-winning community-based approach to conservation promotes sustainable livelihoods, nurtures young conservationists of the future and empowers local people to tackle the main threats to the gorillas’ survival.

UK Reg Charity 1117131

Sunday 6 February 2011

Day 129 - Shopping

With a gorilla suit in the wash (yes I do have more than one) its time to run as me for some  training today. I'm a little conscious of the grazes to both knees, but feel I really need to do at least some more training as me to clock up a few more miles - but what excuse can I use ....

I know ... shopping  ... so, i'll run to the shops, meet my wife and after the shopping run home. Yep that'll do.
I managed to beat the car back home - which was fab - then found out that although we left at the same time (YAY) , my wife read a magazine and eat a chockie bar before heading off (not so-yay).

I also needed to check out what the effect of wearing a costume did for running times, and came up with this:

Time for the Peter Snow voice:
" Just a bit of fun, but ...'
So, a marathon is about 42.2km, it means as a gorilla I could finish about 4:45, but without the suit I could finish in just over 4 hours.

Hmm, enough maths - time for a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment