Gorilla Organization



Lgwoi.jpg

The Gorilla Organization, the international charity led by experienced African conservationists dedicated to saving the world’s last remaining gorillas from extinction. Our award-winning community-based approach to conservation promotes sustainable livelihoods, nurtures young conservationists of the future and empowers local people to tackle the main threats to the gorillas’ survival.

UK Reg Charity 1117131

Monday 7 February 2011

Day 130 - 10:1 I'm going to feel it in the morning

We all know where cunning plans go ... today was definitely Baldrick Monday.

My first 'cunning' plan was to go for a run at lunch-time, you know get a few more miles in. Well the weather looked a bit ropey but I though why not, I can't arrange the weather in April so take it as it comes.

I went off to the car and collected my gear and then just as I was dropping off my jacket at my desk ... argh !!!  Problems and questions from the team, and being my generally helpful self I continued with these until I realized I'd missed my chance for a lunch time run.

Never mind, I'll go to the gym later, and go for a run then. Hang on gym ... where's my card? oh no I must have left it at the race at the weekend - so off I trot to get a replacement before heading in. So ... running time ... Nope :( all the treadmills are in use, no worries I'll go for a cycle.

I then remembered that i've got a dualathlon later in the month 5km run, then 20 km cycle, then 5km run to complete - so why not go for a 20 km cycle then go for a run. Well, I managed the cycle in 44:57 (boy did I push that last km to break 45 minutes) and then headed off to the treadmills, attack of the Baldricks again as I normally run in shorts while inside and trackies outside, but ho hum i'll wear them inside ...  guess what NO. Why? well they have a mesh inside and those knees from the weekend still feel a bit raw - and the trackies had a moderate cheese-grater effect so I only ran 2k in the end.

While I was there though I caught up with Joe, an excellent trainer and motivator who helped me prepare for the gorilla run in 2009 - so it's not all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment