Gorilla Organization



Lgwoi.jpg

The Gorilla Organization, the international charity led by experienced African conservationists dedicated to saving the world’s last remaining gorillas from extinction. Our award-winning community-based approach to conservation promotes sustainable livelihoods, nurtures young conservationists of the future and empowers local people to tackle the main threats to the gorillas’ survival.

UK Reg Charity 1117131

Friday 11 February 2011

Day 134 - Angry Running

It's been a long week - well thats an underestimate... I can't say anything really bad has happened, but there have been a collection of minor niggles & frustrating things that have all built up.

So, to prevent an argument at home (which I wasn't helping - to be honest), I decided to go for a run into town instead. So got changed, found iPod and started out, conveniently the shuffle option came to my rescue and found a motion traxx  (Episode #49: “Mean Streak”) which worked really well. It got me into town (5k) and I was still energetic. 

On the way in I remembered that I have a dualathlon in a few weeks time (5k run, 20 cycle, 5k run) so why not try that this evening, so off I went to the gym for a 20k cycle. I was really pleased as I did it in just over 41 minutes this time, nearly 4 minutes faster than Monday.

I must confess, by this time I was getting a bit sweaty, so I didn't really want to hang around too long at the gym once I finished. So, off I went home (a slightly different route) to have lots of  water followed by a relaxing bath.

Oh, and now have broken 300k in training :)

Hmmm, there is a ParkRun in the morning, I'll see how I am then ...



No comments:

Post a Comment